Did you know that there are renovations that can increase the value of your property, according to the RE/MAX company.
At the beginning of each year, most people want to make changes to their properties so that they stay in good condition.
And changing your home partially or completely can give you great dividends at some point, whether when you want to rent it or sell it.
Well, RE/MAX tells you how to increase property value through remodeling.
Renovations that increase the value of your RE/MAX home.
It should be noted that the profitability of renovations may vary depending on the location, the real estate market and the tastes of potential buyers.
Here are some remodels that typically have a positive impact on a property’s value:
- Modern kitchen: Many buyers consider the kitchen to be the heart of the home. Updating appliances, countertops, cabinets and fixtures can make the property more attractive.
- Updated Bathrooms: Updated, well-designed bathrooms are often a major selling point. Investing in new tiles, faucets, sinks and fixtures can make all the difference.
- Add living space: Converting an attic, basement or garage into living space can increase property value. Buyers often value the extra space.
- Energy Efficiency Improvements: Installing new windows, insulation, and efficient heating and cooling systems can reduce energy costs and make the property more attractive to energy efficiency-conscious buyers.
- Landscaping: First impressions count, and a well-manicured lawn and attractive landscaping can enhance the appearance of the property.
- Additionally, adding patios or decks can increase value.
- Security Systems: Security is a major concern for many buyers. Installing security systems, such as alarms and cameras, can make the property more attractive.
- Facade Updates: Improving the façade of the home, such as replacing siding, front doors or windows, can increase visual appeal and perceived value.
- Finished Basement: If the property has an unfinished basement, converting it into living space can be a worthwhile investment.
- Smart technology: Incorporating smart technology, such as thermostats, lighting systems and smart locks, can make the property more attractive to modern buyers.
- Update flooring and coverings: Hardwood floors, high-quality laminates or well-installed tiles can improve the appearance and value of the property.
Safe renovations. Here are some recommendations.
Carrying out renovations safely is essential to protect both the residents and workers involved.
- Hire certified professionals
- Obtain necessary permissions
- Carry out prior inspections
- Protects against environmental hazards
- Use personal safety equipment
- Secure the work site
- Properly manage waste
- Protects against fire
- Adequate ventilation
- Have an emergency plan
With all this, your property will increase its value and if at that moment you decide to sell or rent it, RE/MAX will help you throughout this process, click here to start.
-Juan Antonio Miranda.